Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm Back

I’m happy to be back after several months of absence from the blog! I stopped blogging when my dad had a heart attack in September. He was in the hospital for 2 months, but now he's home and he's doing great. While he was in the hospital, I really got out of my normal routine of going to the flea market every weekend, shopping in antique stores, and looking for mid-century treasures and junk. That’s made it hard to come up with blog topics. I’m slowly getting back to my normal routine and I’m ready to blog!
Last weekend, I found a bunch of vintage Nancy Drew books at a local thrift store. They're the older editions with blue covers and dust jackets. A lot of the books I found still have their original dust jackets, although they're not in perfect condition. Some of the books have copyright dates in the 1930s, but I think they're really from the 1950s. Nancy Drew's clothing and hairstyles give that away. 

The cover art on one of the books, The Clue in the Jewel Box, has a style that is different from the others. This book is probably older. It looks like it was published in the 1940s.
Here are the books on the shelf with some of the other vintage children's books I've collected. 

5 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad your father is doing well and you're blogging again. Thanks for following my blog. I hope to see you around a lot.

I was in elementary school in the 50s, and I was a total Nancy Drew-aholic. I loved this post!

Vintage Coconut said...

Good to hear your Father is doing well. And it is nice to have you back. What a great find on the books. I only see them every now and again but when I come across them it's usually only one at a time.

Straight Talking Mama! said...

So nice to see you back! I'm really pleased your Dad is on the mend. Blogging is fine but life is more important, so your absence is normal, people come first!

Nice to have you back though :o)

Kitty said...

Hi Jennie, great to see you back! I was looking through the blogs I follow (94 at last count) and saw yours and wondered if/when you'd be back. Glad your dad is better.xx.

Mick said...

Good to have you back, and thats Fantstic to hear your father is doing well! Looking forward ot future posts :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails