Friday, September 10, 2010

Turquoise Things

Nearly five years ago while we were in the process of looking for a new home to buy, I already had the interior color scheme for our future house picked out. I wanted the main colors throughout the house to be pink and turquoise, with smaller bits of orange and chartreuse. When I saw the turquoise kitchen and pink bathroom in this house, which is now ours, I was thrilled! Here some of the turquoise things in our house.
Franciscan Starburst dinnerware with aqua atomic starbursts
Aqua walls 
Midcentury modern fiberglass chairs in turquoise
Turquoise floor tile
Vintage Pyrex in turquoise, yellow, and pink
Turquoise rotary dial wall phone
Libbey Mediterranean glasses from the '50s with turquoise fish design
Barkcloth curtains with turquoise boomerangs
Midcentury sputnik lamp 
Francie, the turquoise poodle
Turquoise drawer pulls 
Sink and countertops

9 comments:

Kitty said...

So cool, I love it ALL!

Darlene said...

I covet everything you own. This makes me happy for you and sad for me. Pish posh. Rock on with your bad self.

Mrs Cleaver said...

Ok i am turquoise with envy right now(i know ,i'm lame lol)What a fantastic house you have,it's just fab!
I hope one day i can find my 50's dream home.Until then i'll have to live vicariously through yours:)Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us.

Vintage Christine said...

Oh my! Your bedroom set made me swoon. And of course I love turquoise and in particular the Franciscan. I have a couple pieces but truly covet yours! Beautiful stuff, girlfriend!!!!

Lady Betty said...

I LOVE it all! I have aqua touches in my kitchen and I just adore that sink! I have been on aqua kick lately for sure. I recently bought some aqua colored melmac and some more Salem North Star pieces! I really cherish the Franciscan dishes but they are super expensive to collect! Anyway, this is a wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing!

vegan.vintagette said...

I love what you're doing with your house. Those dishes are so darling!

Sherry Wray Studio said...

The ceramic cats, are ring holders. I make them from a ceramic mold. Fire and glaze them. They are my favorite.
http://sherrywraystudio.blogspot.com/

Susie Richards said...

Hi! I just come upon your blog and have been reading through some of the posts. Looks like you haven't posted in a while. I came upon this post in particular and just had to ask if you remember what brand and color paint you used for your bedroom. I really like it. Hopefully my comment reaches you :).

Jennie@Wedgwood Tulsa said...

Hi Susie,

Sorry it took me a while to answer. I saw your comment immediately, but could find my paint swatch. I've found it and it's "Lake Breeze" by Behr.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails