Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lamps, Lamps, Lamps

Almost daily, I search Ebay for vintage lamps. I am looking for a tall pair of 1950s lamps to place on the nightstands in the master bedroom. Rather than buy a matching pair, I thought I would try to find a lamp that matches one that I already have. They were mass produced, so it shouldn't be too hard to find, right?

Wrong! I have been looking forever and haven't found a single lamp.  I am looking for a lamp to match any of these lamps.




If I could find a match for any of these lamps, I would be oh, so happy.

While looking for lamps to make one of my singles into a pair, I come across lots of other neat-o lamps. Since none of my searching has been fruitful, I thought maybe I could share some of the cool lamps that I find with you. If I have helped someone find a lamp that they want, then I haven't completely wasted my time.  Here are a few cool lamps that are currently up for auction on Ebay.


Eames Era RETRO Atomic 2 Tier FIberglass Lamp Shade

























Please feel free to bid on any of these lamps. You won't be bidding against me. 
























Note: I am not affiliated with any of these sellers. I'm just passing along some of the lamps I've found in my search for others to enjoy.






















6 comments:

Leah said...

I can't believe you own all of those lamps & shades, they are fantastic! Matching or not.

I have never seen a fiberglass lampshade in all my time searching (I've yet to search online yet).

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Ah I love lamps but sadly most of the US sellers won't ship lamps to the UK and if they do they charge astronomical shipping costs :o(

So I just need to drool, hope you find a match soon!

Atomic Mama said...

Im drooling over all of those lamps!

TinkersMoon said...

Jennie,

Great lamps! I have a similar passion for these mid-century treasures.

My fascination (and collection) started many years ago with the Mallard Duck lamp that always sat on top of my grandparents TV.

I've enjoyed your blog for several months. I live in JoHansen Acres (just south of Hale).

Since we're practically neighbors, I thought you would enjoy seeing my lamp collection, and knowing that you have a kindred spirit nearby.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinkersmoon/sets/72157623095492650/

Jennie@Wedgwood Tulsa said...

Tinkersmoon, your lamp collection is amazing! Johansen Acres is such a cool neighborhood. I drive through there sometimes just to look at the houses. I've wondered if there were any mid-century modern enthusiasts living there. I'm glad to know, now, that there are.

Jean said...

The lamps are fantastic, I have to beige ones like the second picture in my living room.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails