Monday, July 12, 2010

Kar-Rug Coasters

You probably all know about my regular routine of going to the flea market on Saturday mornings. Last Saturday, I didn't get to go. My husband and I spent the morning working with some of our neighbors to spiffy up the neighborhood planters. By the time we were finished with all that weeding and pruning, we were too exhausted to do anything else. All the good stuff at the flea market might have been sold by then, anyway. So, I have no flea market finds to show you today.
My husband did buy something neat at an antique store last week. He always gets dragged into antique stores with me, so I'm happy when he finds something to buy for himself. He got a set of really cute vintage coasters. They are tiny replicas of car mats made by Rubbermaid. 
There is a set of 8 coasters in the box. They look like they've never been used.
Along the top in tiny print it says, "Rubbernaid Kar-Rug." 
On  the back it reads, "Rubbermaid coaster. A miniature of famous rubbermaid Kar-Rugs."That's all for our vintage finds this week.



5 comments:

1950's_atomic_ranch_house said...

Sweet! Love finding "unusual" vintage treasures...

Midcenturymadam said...

Those are very cool. I'll bet they'll never wear out either!

Melzaelf said...

I love the coasters what a neat find!

Mike said...

I have two sets of these Rubbermaid coasters. One set in the same colors as yours, but I do not have a box. And then another set in pastels, but the box for that set is differnt than yours.

Jennie@Wedgwood Tulsa said...

Ooh, I wish I had the pastel coasters. The crazy thing is that Rubbermaid actually made the car mats in various colors. I'm dreaming of a pink '57 T-Bird with pink Rubbermaid floor mats.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails