Monday, July 26, 2010

Flea Market Finds

Last Saturday's flea market was a really good one. There were lots of things that I liked but passed on, like Russel Wright dinnerware, a Tammy doll in the box, and magazines with Ricky Nelson on the cover. One thing that I did buy was this Patty Duke board game with identical cousins Patty and Cathy. 
The Patty Duke show is one of my all-time favorites. Although I kind of felt like I shouldn't buy this because it will just be stored in the closet, I just couldn't resist. I love the show and the board game is really cute.
The board has illustrations of Patty and Cathy washing the dishes, listening to records and watching television.
I also got some practical things that will be used in the house. I got a couple of Franciscan Starburst salad plates. 
Also, I got this vintage Le Creuset cast iron dutch oven for only $2.50. My husband and I have been wanting to replace our teflon cookware with Le Creuset for years. It's expensive to buy new, but well worth the money because it will last a lifetime. I'm glad now that we waited. A week ago, I found a Le Creuset frying pan for $5.00. Our cookware set is coming together rather quickly, and I feel lucky to have found both pieces for such a bargain. 

5 comments:

Leah said...

what fantastic goodies you picked up! Now I can't get the Patty Duke theme song out of my head :)

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, yes, you are SO lucky to find inexpensive Le Creuset! Love your Starburst plates, too - but mostly I am SUPER envious of the Patty Duke Show game!! What a fabulous find!

kVk and The Shop Time Forgot said...

Can't believe you found le creuset so cheap, I'm jealous! Great plates too :)

Vintage Christine said...

You certainly hit the jackpot! Don't you love it when you score big at the flea?!

Jessica May said...

I LOVE those plates, lucky you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails