Monday, July 5, 2010

Flea Market Finds

Here are my flea market finds for the weekend. I found a Pyrex baking dish in this beautiful turquoise color. At first I thought it was missing the lid, but later realized that the baking dishes probably didn't come with lids.

 Pyrex is wonderful in almost any color, but this turquoise color in particular makes me happy. I inherited several Pyrex mixing bowls and refrigerator dishes in primary colors from Grandmothers on both sides of the family. I've been adding pink and turquoise Pyrex to the inherited collection. The turquoise matches our kitchen perfectly, and the pink Pyrex is pretty with the turquoise. 
I also got some vintage costume jewelry. This 1950s necklace has brown thermoset pieces that look like upside-down tulips with rhinestones dripping off of them.  
I also found a matching set with a necklace, bracelet, and clip earrings with green plastic "stones." It's labeled "Judy Lee" and was probably made in the early '60s. The bracelet is missing a few fake stones. I bought it, anyway, because I hated to break up the set. 

5 comments:

Mick said...

Love the Pyrex! I think im going to start collecting it in the turquoise color, I ahve one oven bowl i got for $4 last year. The costuem jewlery is great I really admire the last set with the green and white fake stones.

Melzaelf said...

I found the exact dish in yellow 2 weeks ago at a garage sale. I was shocked it was still in such pristine condition barely any scuffs. I grabbed it and then seen the little old lady's head in front of me turn and her facial expression change to upset. (I am pretty sure she was gonna grab it once she was done looking so she didn't have to carry it around.) I too have done that but have now learned my lesson. lol

The jewelery is GORGEOUS!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

love the last set of jewellery, you can easily get new stones to put in, I'm always losing stones from my vintage costume jewellery!

Jennie@Wedgwood Tulsa said...

It never even occurred to me that I could replace the stones. I wonder where I can find matching ones. Are they available in craft stores, or are there online shops that sell vintage stones?

Anonymous said...

I want that necklace!!!

Mum

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails