Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vintage Cookie Jar

My mom recently gave me this adorable winking owl cookie jar that belonged to my great-grandmother. The cookie jar was made by Shawnee, sometime in the 1940s or 1950s, I think. I love it!
With her light aqua eyes and coral feathers, she looks pretty in my turquoise kitchen.
And, she has babies, which are salt and pepper shakers. If I remember correctly, the shakers didn't belong to my grandma, but were purchased later by my mom. She got them at an antique shop, I pretty sure.  I'll have to add these to my mental list of things to grab on the way out in the event of a house fire. 

7 comments:

1950's_atomic_ranch_house said...

So charming! Things our families owned are the best. =)

Mick said...

How neat! seems like all our grandmas had good taste :)

Melzaelf said...

Aww I love the cookie jar and S&P shakers, they are tooo cute!

Jamie said...

You are right about the shakers. I think they came from Mrs. McGillicuddy's in Jenks, OK, USA.

Space Commander said...

You are so lucky!!! Too often a p[eice like thats doesn't survive... they sure didn't with my family!

SarahV said...

I Just wrote a post about this cookie jar! You are so lucky to have it! Anthropologie "copied" it.

http://sarahvwonderfullife.blogspot.com/2011/07/anthropolgie-copy-cats-their-cookie-jar.html

Beth said...

Just discovered this charmer...hope I
can find one for my kitchen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails