Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pillows from Vintage Pattern

I used this vintage pattern to make throw pillows for my bed and sofa. The pattern is dated 1962. I looked forever for a pattern for circular and triangular pillows like the ones that were so popular in the '50s and early '60s. Eventually, I gave up looking locally and went to Ebay. The pattern only cost a few dollars. 
First, I made these 3 pillows for the bed. Hancock Fabric had yellow and aqua fabric that perfectly matched the fabric in my drapes, but they didn't have any pink fabric that would work.  I finally found some pink fabric at JoAnn. In the store, it looked like a perfect match, but in my room it looks more peach. It will have to do for now.
The pillows were easy to make, so I decided to make some more to go on the sofa in the family room. In all, I made 9 pillows from this pattern.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails