Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kicks on Route 66

Two weekends ago my husband and I went to a car show on historic Route 66 in Sapulpa, Oklahoma. I'm still trying to catch up on these blog posts! I took photos some of my favorite cars at the show. 

The intense Oklahoma heat provided a convenient excuse to stop inside an antique shop called "Dewey Street Antiques." It's air conditioned, after all. That's where I found this vintage Russel Wright pitcher made by Stuebenville, that just happened to be in the coral color I've been collecting. Leave it me to go to a car show and come home with '50s modern dinnerware. 
The antique store had some other neat midcentury modern collectibles like this light fixture, which I almost bought because it's nearly identical to the one in our home office.
They also had this little "Budget Balancer" with great 1950s graphics, which I also would have bought if it hadn't been damaged and overpriced. Despite the cool graphics, $20 is too much for a little metal box.

4 comments:

Missouri Michael said...

Wow! Love that black 1958 Impala! Black with red interior...why is it all that you can get for interior colors in a car anymore are beige, gray, and black? Whatever happened to the days of colorful interior?

Elecat said...

Cool! :)

Wedgwood Tulsa said...

That would be nice if they would put colorful interiors in new cars. I guess limiting the selection of interiors cuts costs, but it sure is boring. They should also make the exteriors more colorful.

Zootsuitmama said...

I want that peach and cream car, not sure what kind it is? And love the light fixture. zootsuitmama

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails