Monday, June 21, 2010

Flea Market Finds

I went to the flea market on Saturday, but didn't find anything. There was a booth with a pile of vintage Lilly Pulitzer skirts. I was excited when I found them, because the tag was marked my size. When I held the shirts up to my waist I remembered that vintage sizes run much smaller. The skirts were at least 2 sizes too small. So the flea market was a disappointment, but what I found at the thrift store made up for it. 
I found this 3-piece set of vintage Duncan Hines cookware at the thrift store.
The pink brushed aluminum knobs are the best part. I can't wait to see how they will look once I get them cleaned up. 
At the same thrift store, I found 2 vintage pieces of Russel Wright dinnerware in a hard to find color, Sugar White. These were made by Steubenville and the line is called American Modern. 
They're not in perfect condition. The vegetable serving bowl has a couple of teeny tiny chips and the rectangular platter has some brown spots under the glaze. Still, they're in pretty good condition and I was happy to find them.

2 comments:

Missouri Michael said...

My mom has a set of that Duncan Hines cookware that she got when my parents got married in 1980. It's good stuff!

Midcenturymadam said...

I'm such a lover of vintage pots and pans. They're the only thing that seems to work on my very old (crappy) Roper electric stove. Nice score.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails