Monday, May 17, 2010

Tammy, Tammy, Tammy's in Love

The past weekend was a busy one. There was the Conan O'Brien show at the historic Brady Theater, The Blue Dome Festival, a graduation party for our friends' daughter, plus the usual errands. I still managed to get up early enough on Saturday for my customary trip to the flea market at the fairgrounds. 
The only thing I bought was this vintage Tammy doll. It needs to be cleaned and has messy hair, but otherwise it's in very good shape. The dress has a "Tammy" label on the inside, but there are no shoes. The website Dolls By Altona has instructions on cleaning and repairing damaged Tammy dolls. I'll have to try that when I have more time.
Tammy debuted in 1962 as Ideal's answer to Barbie. The Tammy Family line included her Mom, Dad, little sister Pepper, and brothers Ted and Pete. There was also a slew of other family members and friends. My Aunt had the whole Tammy family. When I was a kid, I got to play with them a few times and thought they were so much more fun than Barbie. Maybe I'll start a collection. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails