Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Flea Market Finds

Here are a few of my recent flea market finds. After looking for what seems like forever, I finally found a vintage Mirro cake pan with a sliding lid. This one even has the clear plastic window. When I was a kid, we had one just like it that belonged to my Grandmother. We always used it when we baked brownies, so we cleverly called it "the brownie pan." I'm glad that I now have a brownie pan of my own.
House Beautiful January, 1957

I also got several vintage House Beautiful Magazines from the 1950s. These magazines are filled with mid century modern decorating ideas, so I'm always on the lookout for them. They usually cost only a dollar or two. 
House Beautiful September, 1953

You can see the popular color schemes from the era and find out about all the new products of the day. Plus, the vintage advertisements are fantastic. The magazines are worth buying for the ads alone. 
House Beautiful December, 1954

Although House Beautiful is not my favorite magazine, I still like to collect it. I much prefer Better Homes and Gardens because they were a little more modern in style than House Beautiful. Some other vintage magazines that I like are House + Home, Interiors, and Mademoiselle. 
House Beautiful December, 1956

Two of the magazines are Christmas issues with a lot of mod holiday decorating ideas. There are instructions for making some interesting paper lanterns. The next holiday season I really need to make time to do some of these vintage craft projects. 

1 comment:

1950's_atomic_ranch_house said...

Oooo ahhh love the cake pan, I've never seen one like that!

And magazines. I have been on the lookout for late 1950's decorating magazines because we all need a bunch to fill our vintage magazine racks!

Great finds!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails