Saturday, April 17, 2010

Family Heritage at the Antique Mall

Here's one of my recent antique mall finds. It's a book called How to Break and Train the Western Horse. It seems like an odd book for me to buy, I know. The reason I bought this book isn't to realize my dream of becoming a rodeo queen. It's because the cowboy on the cover is my great uncle.
The funny thing is, this isn't the first time I've gone shopping in an antique mall and found something with his image on it. Last year, I noticed this 8X10 photo of a group of people in western attire. Vintage western clothing appeals to me, so I picked up the photo to look at their clothing. While scanning the photo, I recognized my great uncle! I bought the picture and showed it to members of my family, who pointed out that another great uncle is also in the photo. Now I feel like I need to pay attention to every photo I come across in flea markets and antique shops.

1 comment:

MoonDoggie said...

That is so wonderful!
Someone else found their grandfather's business card at a fair (or something like that).
I would love something like that to happen to me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails