Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Flutex Glass for Cabinets

Years ago, before we bought our house, the original fluted glass in one of the kitchen cabinets got broken. The owners replaced the broken glass with plain clear glass, but left the original fluted glass on the other side. This photo shows the clear glass on front side of the cabinet and the fluted glass on the back side.
Someone who visited our house noticed that the cabinet had 2 different types of glass. He gave us the name of the fluted glass - Flutex.

Luckily for us, Flutex is still available and we were able to match the original glass. We had the glass sandblasted so that it would have the same opacity as the original glass.  Here's how it turned out.


Related Posts with Thumbnails