Monday, January 25, 2010

The Russel Wright Collection is Growing

Last summer, I started a Russel Wright dinnerware collection with a set of 8 American Modern plates in granite grey and coral and a grey chop platter that I found at an estate sale.

Recently, I found more at another estate sale, also in coral. This time I found more interesting pieces, like the celery tray, covered vegetable dish, vegetable bowl, and lug bowls. The photo above shows the color more accurately.
On Saturday, I found a matching sugar bowl and creamer in a half price sale at an antique store. I'm enjoying collecting American Modern dinnerware much more than Franciscan Starburst because it's easier to find and more affordable.



1 comment:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Those are two of my favorite colors in AM. I have several pieces of the granite gray too. I have a few pieces of coral too that I plan to sell. (I collect Russel Wright Iroquois Casual in a big way. I have service for 16 in ripe apricot and avocado yellow, plus lots of serving pieces.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails