Thursday, December 10, 2009

Vintage Lucite Purse

I've wanted a '50s lucite handbag for years, and by years I mean since I was about 12 years old. Somehow, I've gone all this time without getting one. Maybe because they are often so expensive.  
I came across this little grey lucite purse at the flea market at the Tulsa State Fairgrounds. This one was affordable, so I bought it. I am so happy to finally have a lucite purse. I love its carved top. Regular readers of this blog know that I find a lot of my favorite things at the flea market.

It must be lucite handbag time for me, because today I saw this new book. It is filled with beautiful photos of 1950s lucite bags in all shapes and colors. There are bags that glow in the dark! My favorite is a bag shaped like a block of ice that has a metal handle shaped like ice tongs.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails