Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'll Have A Pink Christmas

We normally display two Christmas trees at our house - one in the living room and other in the family room. One is a pink tinsel tree and the other is traditional.  It's been a busy year, so we're trying to keep things simple. This year we decided to display only the pink tree.
In years past, we have decorated the pink tree with newer ornaments in white and silver. This year, we've gone vintage. The four boxes of pink Shiny Brite ornaments are a thrift store find. The rest of the ornaments belonged to my grandmother. The ornaments from my grandmother are probably from the early 50s, maybe earlier. There are a couple of mod 60s ornaments, too. One of the ornaments is unsilvered, which means it is was produced during WWII when there was a shortage of metals. I don't know why there is only one like that in the box. My guess is that the others got broken.
We bought this vintage pink tree topper made by Shiny Brite at an antique store.
Here's how the pink tree looks during the day.
At night it gives the entire room a pink glow.

3 comments:

Ms. B said...

I love your pink tree! Is the tree itself vintage as well? I love the shape of it! I've seen pink Christmas tress at our local Big Lots and have though about getting one. I love all of your vintage ornaments too!!!

This year I have a little silver tree in my dining room with all silver and aqua ornaments to compliment my kitchen which is yellow, aqua and silver.

Wedgwood Tulsa said...

Thanks! We've had the tree for about 8 years, but it was new when we bought it. There used to be a gardening store in town that had a huge selection of wonderful Christmas decorations. They had tinsel trees in pink and several other colors. I had never seen anything like that pink tree before, and wanted it badly. But, it was pretty expensive. I waited and waited for it to go on sale, and eventually got the display.

I'd love to see photos of your dining room tree. It sounds really pretty. I have an aqua kitchen, too.

Leah@storybookranch said...

I'm so dreaming of a pink christmas. I LOVE your pink tree & would be tempted to keep it up all year round. It must make you smile every time you see it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails