Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Recent Vintage Finds

Here are my recent meager, but charming, vintage finds. I got Betty Crocker's Party Book, published in 1960 and a small metal stapler. The book has some mid-century modern holiday decorating ideas, like a starburst mobile made from plastic straws and pipe cleaner.


It's probably a good thing that I don't have kids, because I couldn't resist celebrating their birthdays with the themed parties suggested in this book, like "Big Top Supper," "Space Age Adventure Party," and "Holiday in Hawaii Party."
The illustrations in this book are adorable.
I was happy to find this book, because I already had it's companion, Betty Crocker's Guide to Easy Entertaining.

2 comments:

Ms. B said...

That party book looks so fun with such cute illustrations!!

Mid Century Madam said...

Makes you just want to entertain, doesn't it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails