Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mid-Century Inspired Sofas

For many months, I've been looking for either a vintage Heywood Wakefield sectional or a very large 1950s sectional with angular arms. You know, the kind that look like car fins. Since I've been unable to find what I'm looking for, I've been looking at online stores that might have a new sofa with a mid-century modern flair. All of the furniture in our house is vintage, so it might be nice to have something new.


Room and Board has lots of choices that would blend well with vintage modern furniture. The Reese sectional is my favorite of the group. It's very similar to  a sectional I once had, and now regret selling. 


Room and Board
This sofa from CB2 is named for our favorite T.V. couple.




Crate and Barrel
T.V. familes seem to inspire furniture sales. This one's called Petrie.



10 comments:

MoonDoggie said...

I'm loving that Reese Sectional. I've been doing some similar research - new sofa with vintage appeal. Hard to find that perfect sofa that doesn't cost the earth.

Ms. B said...

Lovely choices! It would be a dream come true for me to have a Heywood Wakefield ANYTHING in my house!

Wedgwood Tulsa said...

I agree MoonDoggie, it is really hard to find the perfect sofa that doesn't cost a small fortune. The price of that Reese Sectional makes me think I need to keep looking for a vintage sectional, but it's so hard to find the right one.

Wedgwood Tulsa said...

Thank you, Ms. B. I'm a Heywood Wakefield fanatic.

Mid Century Madam said...

Are any of the sofas in local area stores? I would have a difficult time buying a sofa unless I could sit on it and try it out. Having said that, I would love to have any one of those gorgeous sofas and to heck with comfort. I'd sit on my leather chair and just look at it.
Now I'm inspired to get busy and reupholster the daybed I blogged about.

Wedgwood Tulsa said...

None of the stores are local, but on a trip to Denver I went to Room and Board, Crate and Barrel, and Design Within Reach. I was really impressed with Room and Board. A lot of their furniture was very comfortable. The furniture at Crate and Barrel looked good, but was not comfortable. Design Within Reach also had a lot of comfortable sofas, but they were also more expensive.

Retro-luxe said...

That sidecar sectional is the bomb!

Wedgwood Tulsa said...

The sidecar sectional is really nice. If we do break down and buy a new sofa, I think it will be either the Reese or the Sidecar.

Jayn said...

Generally sofas are made from a number of materials, but some of the most common frames are made of wicker. These pieces are so full of pillows to ensure a comfortable stay, the experience every time you are in the pipeline.

Nice to share........

Sofas

Blago said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails