Monday, July 13, 2009

Mid-Century Modern Dinnerware

Recently, I bought some Russel Wright dinnerware at an estate sale. It’s called American Modern and Wright designed it for Steubenville Pottery. This set is in coral and granite grey. I can see this set growing into a large collection. They’ll go well with my new barkcloth drapes once I finish them. I really should be working on those drapes.



Starburst by Franciscan is another dinnerware pattern I collect. It’s so hard to choose, but this has to be one of my favorites.




Franciscan Starburst is beautiful, but it can be rather pricey. This platter above is in the Temporama pattern by Canonsburg. Temporama is a thrifty alternative to Franciscan Starburst. It has a blue and green color scheme similar to Starburst, and there are little atomic designs and squiggles inside oval and square shapes. The quality is not as good, but it’s much more affordable and that means you can use it without being afraid of making knife marks on it. This platter is from a large set that I bought in a thrift store. I sold most of it to make room for my other collections, but I still have this platter.






Blue Heaven by Royal China is another very affordable dinnerware pattern with a mid-century modern design. One thing I really like about this pattern is that it had matching drinking glasses. These plates are another thrift store find.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails