Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mid-century Modern Dinnerware pt.2

I'll continue yesterday's post on mid-century modern dinnerware. You guessed it- another thrift store find. I love this set. This is where my dinnerware obsession began. I bought it from a Goodwill store when I was still a teenager. I don’t know what the pattern is called, or who made it. The floral designs almost look like starbursts.



My set is in pink and robin’s egg blue, but I’ve also seen it in yellow.



Here’s another set with a very modern 1950s design. This is part of a snack set made by Federal Glass. These are also not too hard to find. I’ve come across sets like this still in the original box in antique malls. They’re made of milk glass with a leaf motif in pink, aqua, yellow, and black. The shape of the plate reminds me of an artist’s palette.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails